Appearing on “The Montel Williams Show” set to air Thursday, Curry, 42, said he suffered burns over 18 percent of his body after a falling can of spray starch ruptured and sparked a fire in his California home.
“It was so bad … that pain was so excruciating that I just threw it out,” said Curry, recalling the moment when he woke up from a three-day, medically induced coma.
“I wanted to kill myself and, by the fourth day, I said, `I can’t do this.’ I felt less than a man. I couldn’t even look at my own body. I saw my hand with the peeling skin and threw up, and I didn’t look at myself again.”
He then decided to hoard his pain medication and commit suicide by overdosing on it, he said. But Curry, who also appeared on TV’s “Fat Actress” and “The Drew Carey Show,” said he changed his mind after talking to some funny friends, like Sinbad and Bill Cosby.
“They made me laugh, and that helped a lot,” he said.
Don’t front like you didn’t watch Hangin With Mr. Cooper back in the day! I’m actually surprised I never heard about his freak accident, I’m glad he is doing alright.