So, as we all know, Janet Jackson’s new single, “Feedback,” produced by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins leaked in the middle of last week, much to fans delight. It seems as though people were pretty much pleased with the product Janet delivered. And I’m sure fans and haters alike are eager to see what Janet’s come up with for a video, which is supposed to be dropping sometime in January. There are even rumors circulating of a comeback New Years Eve performance.
The project, executive produced by L.A. Reid and released via Def Jam finally has been titled Discipline. Discipline will be Janet’s 10th studio release. Oddly enough, I think that it’s fitting for the new Janet album. In addition to Rodney, it seems as though Janet’s tapped Jermaine Dupri, Stargate, Ne-Yo and The Dream & Tricky Stewart on the new album. I’m really interested to see what she came up with to release in February of next year.
“Feedback” is set to impact radio January 7th, but not much to my surprise, I’ve already heard it on the radio. I hope that this is huge for Janet.
MONICA BACK TO BALLADS
After a disappointing spout with her last studio album, The Makings of Me, Monica has decided to go back to her roots on her forthcoming yet-to-be-titled project. The numbers for The Makings of Me did not do well at all and many Monica fans were disappointed in some of the material.
“I am going back to where I started,” said Monica. “Expect new material from me in Spring/Summer 2008! I have finalized a new deal with J. Records and I’m currently doing work in the studio with the likes of Missy and Bryan-Michael Cox. There is also talk of me hooking up with Ne-Yo and some other songwriters on my upcoming CD.”
I’m hoping that this is true and not some bogus quote that someone just type up for Monica, because she really needs to put out something quality, otherwise, she’s going to begin to lose some fans, because I think a lot of people weren’t too pleased with what Monica had to offer on The Makings of Me.
MARIO ALREADY CONCEPTUALIZING NEW ALBUM
Although Mario just released his third studio album, Go! last Tuesday, Mario has already begun conceptualizing his fourth album and plans to have it out no later than the time school gets in, after next summer, not even a year after the release of Go!
Mario told Billboard.com that he’s in the midst of a creative spurt that yielded 70 songs he considered for Go! before settling on the dozen tracks that made the album, including the singles, “How Do I Breathe” and his rumored next single, “Music For Love.”
“You can imagine how many different concepts and things I had,” the 21-year-old explains. “But there’s really even more than that, ’cause I’m gonna start recording, like, at the end of January.”
Mario reveals that unlike Go!, he wants to work with fewer collaborators. He says he wants to use a maximum of only four producers and songwriters, which I guess will make for a more cohesive project. He also wants to go on a large production tour in 2008, after the release of the “Music For Love” video, due out in January.