Twenty-two year old Raymond Hunter Geisel has been held without bail in Florida after allegedly threatening to assassinate Barack Obama and George W. Bush.
Although Geisel denied making the threats in a Secret Service affidavit, he told an agent that in a joke to other participants at a bail bondsman’s training course, he said that if he wanted to kill Obama he would shoot him with a sniper rifle.
A witness told investigators that Geisel had said, “That nigger, if he gets elected, I’ll assassinate him myself.” Another said he overheard Geisel say at a hotel that he hated Bush and wanted to put a bullet in his head.
Authorities found a cache of ammunition, including armor-piercing bullets, and a handgun in Geisel’s SUV and hotel room. Geisel described himself as a victim of physical and emotional abuse when he was younger and said he voluntarily checked himself into a mental health facility in Maine for post traumatic stress disorder.
KILPATRICK IN JAIL
In keeping with the nation’s crazies…Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick spent the night in a one-man cell for high-profile people after violating his bond.
Kipatrick had paid 10 percent of his bond — $7,500 — to remain free, and was allowed to keep already approved business travel, but he failed to notify prosecutors or the court on July 23 when he traveled to Ontario to discuss the sale of the city’s portion of a tunnel connecting the U.S. and Canada.
“I’m asking for another chance,” he pleaded to the judge.
The judge replied, “I don’t claim to have a good understanding of what your responsibilities are. … But I have to look at how the (court) system is run and perceived by the public.”
The leader of the nation’s 11th-largest city was then transported to jail in a sheriff’s van, photographed, given a green jumpsuit and placed in a one-man cell.
Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox charged Kilpatrick on Friday with felony assault stemming from a recent confrontation between the mayor and a sheriff’s deputy.
The charges against Kilpatrick each carry a penalty of up to two years in prison, and if he is convicted of a felony, he will be automatically removed from office.
JENA JUDGE RECUSED
A Louisiana appeals court has removed Judge J.P. Mauffrey Jr. from the remaining Jena Six cases.
According to the four defendants, Mauffrey “had made numerous statements on numerous occasions” indicating he had already decided on a defendant’s guilt and punishment. Court documents state, “Indeed, Judge Mauffrey has expressed his belief generally that Jesse Ray [Beard] and his African-American friends are guilty, not only of the misconduct alleged in this matter, but of several other acts of misconduct as well.”
An attorney for one of the youths said Mauffrey’s removal was good news; the judge tended to view the group as “six thugs” and not individuals, he said.