Drake’s upcoming music video for his new single “Over” has been teased through an on-set clip. It features the Canadian rapper rapping to the camera in front of white backdrop.
“This is my first video,” he told MTV. “I’ve shot a lot of videos before, but this is my first attempt to establish myself as Drake the artist. Shooting the other videos I’ve done has been great. I really don’t care what other people think about them, they were great experiences for me. I’ve learned a lot from them. Today, I’m shooting with somebody I really look up to and respect.”
The video is directed by Anthony Mandler. “We talked colors, we talked epic, emotion-evoking visuals,” he shared to fans. “The story is actually interesting. The song is so aggressive, and it’s sort of a love story in the video.” Drake’s debut album, “Thank Me Later” is scheduled to be released later this year.
LADY GAGA & BEYONCE DIDNT GET BANNED
In the wake of reports that surfaced over the weekend claiming that MTV had banned Lady Gaga’s nearly 10-minute-long video for “Telephone,” a spokesperson for the channel clarified the situation earlier this week:
“MTV did not ban Lady Gaga and Beyoncé’s ‘Telephone’ video — in fact, we premiered it on Friday, March 12, on-air and online at MTV.com, two days before this story was falsely reported,” said MTV Executive Vice President of Music and Talent Amy Doyle. “Fans can continue to catch the video as we repeat it on-air and online.”
The video has reportedly been viewed more than 14 million times on YouTube since its release last Thursday.